Stanley Truck Accident Attorneys
Experienced Stanley Semi-truck Accident Lawyers, serving Mountrail County and the entire State of North Dakota
When a semi truck collides with a common motor vehicle—like a car, truck, van, SVU, or motorcycle—it almost always causes serious injuries for the unfortunate motorist. The shear size and weight difference between a commercial truck and a car is recipe for disaster that often leaves the accident victim with serious, and life-changing injuries. These injuries can range from serious head and brain trauma to severe internal injuries and life threatening bone damage. If you were seriously injured in a truck accident, do not wait to contact an experience Stanley truck accident attorney.
Every moment delayed is an opportunity for evidence to be lost and for the insurance companies to use the waiting period as ammunition. When you contact Sand Law for a free consultation, we will inform you of your rights, options, and give you a preliminary assessment of your case. We have the resources and networks necessary to properly investigate your truck accident case and will get you well on your way to a successful recovery for your injuries and damages.
Third Party Claims and Truck Accident Cases
North Dakota truck accident cases often involve something known as a third-party claim. This is a situation in which the injured person’s attorney can pursue multiple parties for their role in the accident. Because commercial semi trucks have so many different people involved. there is often multiple people at fault. These parties can include the truck driver, trucking company, the loading company, and the truck manufacturer, just to name a few. All of these parties may have some liability for your damages. And luckily, North Dakota law allows people to pursue multiple parties for their damages.
Sand Law PLLC is here for you. We want to get you through this difficult time with compassion and expert litigation to get you the compensation you deserve.
The Investigation Process of a Stanley Truck Accident
The investigating process of a North Dakota semi-truck accident is a very important part of the process. During the investigation, Sand Law will attempt to determine how the accident occurred, what conditions and situations played a role in the incident, and which parties were at-fault for the accident. This process often involves the use of experts, more on expert witnesses below.
We take eery truck accident investigation very seriously and will not breeze over this important process. This initial and critical phase requires the hired truck accident attorney to have the necessary resources, network, experts, and investigators to put together a strong case that will prove to a jury the fault of the defendants, the extent of the victim’s injuries, and the financial costs these injuries have caused and will continue to cause in the future.
North Dakota Truck Accident Common Causes and Common Injuries
North Dakota is common trucking hub, with many different types of commercial trucks, 18-wheelers, and tractor-trailers moving across our beautiful state. North Dakota truck accidents often have similarities, the most frequent of which is the causes of the accident and the injuries the accidents cause. A few common causes and injuries include:
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
North Dakota truck accidents are common enough that some similarities in what causes them can easily be gathered. Some common causes of semi-truck accidents are:
- Improper training of the truck driver
- Improper loading of the trailer
- Loading the trailer above its capacity and/or weight
- Tired driver
- Drug or alcohol impaired driver
- Defective truck or trailer parts
- Failure to keep up with required maintenance
- Ignored or overlooked state or federal regulations
Common Injuries from Truck Accidents
Truck accidents in Stanley and around North Dakota often cause serious injuries for the driver of the motor vehicle. As we discussed above, the size and weight difference between the two type of vehicles often contributes to very serious injuries. Common semi-truck accident injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Neck and Back Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Severe Cuts and Lacerations
- Internal Bleeding
- Leg and Knee Trauma
- Damaged Arms and Hands
- PTSD and other Psychological Issues
North Dakota Trucking Regulations
The State of North Dakota and the federal government both recognize the dangers of truck accidents, and because of many different regulations designed to keep truckers and regular drivers safe have been put into place.
These regulations, which are enforced by North Dakota Department of Transportation, are designed to prevent common issues that often lead to serious, injury-causing truck accidents in North Dakota and around the United States.
Examples of North Dakota and federal trucking regulations include:
- Weight limit on truck and trailer
- Weight limit on cargo being hauled
- Height limits on commercial truck
- Restrictions on how many hours a trucker can drive
- Restrictions on driving dependent on hours rested, days drives in a row, etc.
- Mandatory safety inspections on brakes, tires, hitching devices, lights, etc.
- Requirement to keep their CDL (Commercial Drivers License) with them while driving
- Must keep a driving log of hours driven, hours rested, etc.
Expert Witnesses in a Mountrail County Truck Accident Claim
Well-prepared and experienced truck accident attorneys handling Stanley, Mountrail, and North Dakota cases often use expert witnesses to help prepare their case for a successful outcome. These expert witnesses help prove to a jury what caused the truck accident, how the accident cause the victim’s injuries, and how those injuries will translate into financial costs (like medical bills, surgeries, future healthcare, etc.).
Truck accident and medical expert witnesses establish credibility for your claim and can be critical to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve and need for your truck accident case.
Some examples of expert witnesses used in a North Dakota commercial truck accident claim include:
- Expert truck driver trainer that can explain regulations and situations that commonly occurs and how a reasonable truck would respond or handle those situations.
- Accident reconstruction specialist to reconstruct and demonstrate to the jury how the accident occurred, and how different factors contributed to the collision.
- Primary care provider of the truck accident injury victim which can prove the health of the defendant before the accident and the health and injuries of the defendant after the accident. This can be especially important to prove that a person did not have prior injuries or that any prior injuries they had were exasperated or not a contributing factor to new injuries.
- Medical specialist that can testify to the specifics of certain types of injuries, like an orthopedic surgeon or a neurosurgeon.
- Vocational expert that can help the jury to understand how the injured victim’s situation will affect their career, ability to earn money in the future, and their ability to retire now they can no longer continue working in the same career or position.
Experienced Truck Accident Attorneys in Stanley, North Dakota
Truck accidents in North Dakota are a common occurrence that often result in devastating and lasting injuries to its unfortunate victims. If you or a loved one were injured or passed away due to a truck accident, contact the experienced truck accident attorneys at Sand Law PLLC. Do not let the evidence that could get you significant compensation disappear because you waited too long to contact an attorney.
Contact Sand Law today by using our online contact form or by calling us at (701) 609-1510 to schedule a free, no obligation consultation today. We look forward to helping you and your family get started on the path to recovery, both physically and financially.