North Dakota Intersection Accidents
Intersection accidents, like all accidents, can be devastating – in far too many instances, they’re fatal. Every one would love it if there were no deadly car accidents whatsoever. Unfortunately, that’s not going to be reality for a long time. Until then, car wrecks will continue to lead to debilitating injuries and worse.
If you’ve been hurt or lost a beloved family member due to an accident that occurred at an intersection, please get in touch with Sand Law as soon as possible. One of our attorneys will listen to the details of your case and tell you how we may be able to help. Schedule a free case review by contacting us online or calling 701-609-1510.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer If I Was Hurt in an Intersection Accident?
There is no way you can realistically hope to get the compensation you deserve for your injuries if you don’t have legal representation. That’s just the way it is. You might have seen some movies or television shows depicting lawyers and feel that you could make a compelling argument on your own behalf.
It won’t work. You’ll need the help of a skilled attorney working on your behalf in order to have the best possible chance of winning your case.
Another reason you’ll have to get legal representation is the insurance company that will be involved in your case. Insurance carriers not only have high-priced lawyers. They also have incredibly formidable adjusters working on their behalf. These professionals have one goal. That’s to reduce the amount of money you receive as much as possible. They’d love it even more if your claim were to be denied completely.
One way they do this is trying to trick victims into accepting blame for their accident. If you try to deal with this type of tactic on your own, there’s a good chance you’ll slip up. It only takes a minor mistake to potentially get your case thrown out. An attorney will shield you from those tactics. Talking to the insurance company to force it to offer you a fair settlement.
You should also hire an attorney because fighting this kind of case is extremely stressful for someone with no legal background. You’ve got enough on your plate already simply trying to recover. Let your attorney handle all of the heavy lifting instead.
Why Are Intersections So Dangerous?
Even though just about any setting where vehicles are on the road can be dangerous, this is especially true for intersections. Multiple cars are coming from multiple directions. So people have to be even more aware than normal in order to avoid a wreck. Unfortunately, in some cases, that’s much easier said than done.
Drivers commonly make potentially catastrophic mistakes at intersections. These are just a few.
- Not paying attention to stop signs or red lights.
- Making illegal turns.
- Trying to make a turn without being able to see what’s ahead.
- Not properly judging the amount of space between cars.
- Driving drunk or impaired in another fashion.
- Aggressive driving.
- Driving while fatigued or drowsy.
Causes of Intersection Car Accidents
When people make the mistakes mentioned above, those obviously have major consequences. These are just a few of the issues that result.
- Not seeing bicycles or pedestrians due to being distracted.
- Running red lights/stop signs.
- Not realizing traffic is crossing.
- Following too closely behind vehicles.
- Ignoring traffic signs.
Who Is Responsible for Damages If I Was Hurt in an Intersection Accident?
If you’ve been hurt in an accident that occurred at an intersection, there could be multiple parties to blame, including the following:
- Negligent drivers. Someone could be looking at their smartphone instead of the road, or changing radio stations.
- Careless pedestrians and bicyclists. A motorist isn’t always the “villain,” so to speak, when an intersection accident occurs. A pedestrian or cyclist could be to blame for stepping into the intersection, causing a driver to swerve and hit another vehicle as a result.
- Bus drivers. Bus drivers are supposed to be professionals, but they’re just as prone to mistakes as anyone else. The difference is that when a bus hits a vehicle, that will usually lead to catastrophic injuries.
- Employers of negligent drivers. If a person is driving for a business, such as a restaurant delivery company, and causes an accident, the employer could also be held liable for any injuries or property damage.
- Operators of heavy machinery on roads. Road construction crews use incredibly heavy machinery. Like any other driver, a machine operator can have a bad day, or be distracted in some other fashion and cause an intersection accident.
- Truck drivers and their employers. Truck drivers are under an incredible amount of pressure to meet deadlines. They also stretch themselves to their limits of endurance to get in as many hours as they can, to make as much money as they can. That’s a bad combination, to say the least – one that could easily lead to a tired, stressed truck driver plowing into the side of a car at an intersection.
- Government agency vehicles. Sometimes, government agency employees almost feel that they’re above the law, and they’re not subject to the same rules as all other drivers. If that attitude leads to an injury because of an intersection accident, the victim may be able to take action against not only the driver, but also the governmental agency that employs that driver.
Hire an Experienced North Dakota Intersection Accident Lawyer
You already know why you need to hire a car accident attorney to help you obtain compensation for the losses you’ve suffered. But you also want to make sure that attorney has a great deal of experience in personal injury – one who knows how to negotiate with insurance companies and fight to make sure your rights are protected at every turn.
You’ll find that experience and passion at Sand Law. We’ve represented victims of intersection accidents for years, and we have a long track record of success. Put our knowledge, skill and passion to work for you by scheduling a free case review. Call 701-609-1510 or use our online form to get in touch.